Monday, November 10, 2008

The Nepali Way

Namastae,

Our Royal Nepal flight was the best way to start a new adventure in a new country. The completely empty flight meant one thing: comfort while traveling (something I forgot shortly after the first overnight bus from Hanoi to Hue). Without wasting a second I jarred the armrests up, stretched across the three empty seats, and pressed play on a album guaranteed to put me to sleep: The Wall (disc 2). Welcome to Kathmandu!


The Nepali people are so genuine and welcoming. I'll add to this post and write more about my stay in Kathmandu when I get a chance. Need to get some sleep at the moment...

I leave trekking early tomorrow morning up to the Annapurna base camp. I'll be out of contact for 2 weeks, but should have some amazing pictures when I return.

Peace,
Sam

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wow sam - peter and I stood on poon hill with a friend over 25 years ago to watch the sunrise over fishtail - we were the only ones there.

can't wait to hear about Varanasi - India is a wild place! Happy travels.